IDEAL Society is a collectivity composed of members of all ages hailing from various nationalities, cultures, religions and backgrounds. Uniting this group is a common ideal of fraternity among people. Since 1993 our shared collective life in the beautiful mountains of southeastern British Columbia forms an experimental framework and environment in which to grow in harmony with nature, while contributing to the well-being of the group and larger community in a spirit of sustainable development.
IDEAL’s vision inspires us to experiment in the areas of education, wellness, art and agriculture, taking into account the material and spiritual dimensions.
Our objectives have a local, regional, national and international reach through our services, activities and status as a non-governmental organization affiliated with the United Nations. To implement IDEAL’s Vision, we created a community environment where education, the arts, well being and our relationship with nature hold an important place.
IDEAL seeks to promote a new educational system based on the principles of education through experience in keeping with human and ecological values. To carry through its mission IDEAL will:
• Communicate a vision of humanity as one family.
• Foster moral, social and aesthetic values through educational programs, artistic and leisure activities.
• Establish local, regional, national and international prenatal and perinatal educational programs, birth and youth centers.
• Initiate artistic, musical and cross cultural activities.
• Develop a way of life that embraces the laws of nature and considers the earth as a living organism.